Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Welcome To Cookin' Time With David Kaye

By David
Kaye

Hey everyday, welcome to the inception of my new cooking blog. After years of learning from my grandmother and mother about the joys of cooking, I have a strong hunger to share my experiences in the kitchen, give reviews of different restaurants I eat at around the country, and lend advice on different tips that I find helpful.

Now, I might start off sluggish due to time restraints, but I am committed to writing a daily blog that will be beneficial to you the reader and myself. My mission is to encourage young kids and teenagers to get involved in the kitchen and start learning how valuable it is to have an interest in the cooking process.

There will be daily recipes that I use on a consistent posted on this blog so that more and more people can learn how easy it is to cook. Remember, cooking is not rocket science and you don't have to be a culinary expert in order to plate up delicious meals each and every night.

In my opinion, Food Network star Rachael Ray has revolutionized what it means to make a quick, healthy and simple meal for your family without having to slave in the kitchen for hours.

I encourage every person, especially young children and teenagers to spend 10-15 minutes every day or even every other day watching the Food Network or another cooking show in order to gain an understanding of basic techniques and recipes.

Until next time, get cracking in the kitchen!

2 comments:

Eric R said...

Hey david, I was cookign a steak this afternoon and somehow... Overcooked it! my son wouldnt eat it. How can I make a steak that is perfectly cooked?

David Kaye said...

The best way to guarantee a tender steak that's perfectly cooked is by using a meat thermometer.

Meat thermometers are so helpful whever you are grilling or making meat or poultry in the oven.

When the temperature rises to how you like your meat cooked, you know it's going to be perfect and not overcooked.